Friday, March 21, 2008

Popovers

Okay, if I weren't balls to the wall right now on my thesis, I would be making popovers. They are probably the easiest thing you can possibly make from scratch, and I say that with no exaggeration. Here is a recipe that I have not tried, but which exists.

Here is an additional tip that I HAVE tried: If you don't have popover pans, use ceramic coffee mugs. Grease them with PAM (butter has a low smokepoint) and space them out on a cookie sheet, and put them in while the oven preheats so they get hot too. Then, pour about an inch and a half of batter into each one when you're ready, and bake them. Brilliant. Do it now.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Mmmm, just found this post and used the recipe you linked to! Tried it out with a muffin pan, didn't get the puffy tops but I don't care--they are just delicious with a bit of jam stuffed in the middle! Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed them, and they sure are easy (even if they didn't come out perfectly).