Monday, December 04, 2006

Blow Pops Minis + bonus

*Co-starring the arm of my sweet, sweet couch*

Blow Pops without a stick. Intriguing, no? They're tasty, I've been snackin' on 'em, but in the end I have more complaints than praise.

First, the flavors are kinda wack. They are not the same intensity as regular Blow Pops. The green apple is fairly weak as far as artificial apple goes (a boon to some?), and though I know that there are both cherry and watermelon candies in each bag, I can't really tell them apart. That's saying something - I love cherry and generally dislike watermelon, and I'm unsure which is which.

The hands-down WORST thing about these little dudes, is that there is JUST enough bubble gum in the middle to get stuck on a molar or filling, but not enough to chew. The volume of the gum is equivalent to MAYBE two lentils. It sucks. Just buy regular Blow Pops. Lollipops are the new black anyway.

And now for something completely different:
WHY AREN'T BABY RUTH BARS BETTER?! It has such a good plan: chocolate, peanuts and caramelly-nougaty business. But the chocolate and the peanuts are both dry, the chocolate crumbles like whoa. I am so not down with biting into a candy bar that shoots crumbs (melty crumbs) everywhere. But I keep buying them because the idea is so good. If you're looking for peanut and caramelly-nougat, go for a PayDay. It's worth the chocolate trade-off, in my opinion.

No comments: