Friday, December 08, 2006

Chocolate!


I was going to call this post "Chocolate Face-off", but I don't think we need to add any bad feelings to a post about peace and love.

First: Does this package look familiar? These are the Christmas version (read: different colors) of Cadbury Mini-Eggs, the best Easter candy that has ever been. They are egg-shaped chocolate covered in a delightful, much-better-than-m&ms, sugar/candy shell. They're fantastic. These are them. This is brilliant for two reasons:

1) It has always infuriated me (and my father, and my brother) that this type of chocolate goodie is only available at Eastertime. NO MORE! I only have to stockpile half as many bags!
2) For a milk chocolate lover, Cadbury is top of the line. Their milk chocolate tastes like it has caramel mixed into it. I have always assumed that this was due to a high milk content, but I don't actually know why. But these eggs/spheres are freaking amazing. You will like them if you like the flavor of Caramello bars.

Second:
This guy.

I bought this because I had read on a slavery-free chocolate site (link at right) that this brand was the shiz. It is. I am a milk chocolate fiend, I don't really do dark chocolate unless it's in a cookie or surrounding coconut. This is a milk chocolate almond bar, but it has a 34% cocoa content, so it's sweet like milk chocolate, but has the deep flavor of dark chocolate. It's pretty trippy. It also has a good distribution of almonds, if you were wondering. I have never had anything like it.

The moral of the story: These two items are at opposite ends of the milk chocolate spectrum, and they are both crap-your-pants amazing. I hope we've all learned something.

No comments: