Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reese's Inside Out

The concept behind this candy is that it's an Reese's Cup turned inside out. The thought of that sounds pretty gross to me: waxy peanut-flavored outside with who-knows-what inside.

I should've just trusted the Hershey's people.

The cup does indeed look like an inside out Reese's cup, but the peanut-butter outside is not waxy at all. The chocolate middle is soft and truffle-like, but flavorless. Overall, the effect is that of eating the scooped-out insides of a ton of Reese's Pieces. That's not a complaint.

The Inside Out cup is definitely more for the peanut butter lover than those who like the combination. The flavors are "peanut butter" and "sweet". I would recommend this to fans of peanut butter, Reese's Pieces and peanut butter baking chips. My only complaint about these candies is that they are FAR richer than regular Reese's Cups, and for that reason I could only barely finish one. So be warned.

No comments: